Finding ways to stay busy and active during the winter months has always been challenging, and this year, it’s even more difficult due to the ongoing public health crisis. Businesses have had to get creative to remain open while ensuring guest safety. The following guide details some of the best places to get outside this winter in Newport Beach.
Nights of 1,000 Lights
This holiday season, you can still enjoy the dazzling light display at Sherman Gardens
. For 10 nights only, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., guests will be able to stroll down the spectacular light tunnel while listening to classic Appalachian tunes and savoring hot drinks and treats from their open-air cafe. All guests must wear face coverings and purchase tickets in advance.
Get On the Water
Enjoy the spectacular oceanfront views in Newport Beach by getting out on the water. Go whale watching, take a brew boat, or celebrate the holidays this winter. Utilizing a mixture of safety protocols, such as higher degrees of sanitization, passenger reduction, and an emphasis on keeping guests outdoors, the risk of infection is kept minimal.
- Whale Watching: Choose from several whale-watching and dolphin cruises; December through April is when the grey whales migrate and are most likely to be spotted.
- Newport Beach Brew Boat: An epic individual or group tour for birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, team building, and more—considered one of the best charter parties in the O.C.
- Holiday Lights Cruises/Christmas Boat Parade: Experience the harbor in all of its holiday glory with a 75-minute holiday lights cruise to see multiple estates decked out with thousands of glittering light displays or the annual Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade.
Balboa Fun Zone
As one of SoCal’s oldest coastal amusement parks, the Balboa Fun Zone
is a fantastic place to take the whole family to experience a day filled with classic arcade games, rides, attractions, and the trademark waterfront Ferris Wheel.
Disneyland is not entirely back in action, but their Downtown Disney District
is currently undergoing a phased reopening along with its charming extensions down Buena Vista Street. Face coverings and temperature screenings are required, and other safety measures are employed.
Dozens of shops and restaurants are open now. Here are some of the most notable:
- Shopping: California Sole, World of Disney, Disney Home, and Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop
- Dining: Black Tap Craft Burgers and Shakes, Asian Street Eats, Salt & Straw, and Naples Ristorante e Bar
Moving to Newport Beach?
Life in Newport Beach is never dull. Residents stay busy all year with a variety of events and attractions. If you’re searching for a top-tier Newport Beach real estate agent, contact
Annie Clougherty today to help find the best Newport Beach
homes for sale.
Header Image Credit: Visit Newport Beach